Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday, Chase!


First, I want to issue a very emotional and heartfelt thank you to all of your kind comments to my last post. You don't understand how much of a comfort it is to know that people all over the world are praying for me. Some of you hardly know me, or don't know me at all (except through recent blogging). Thank you all. I feel the strength of your prayers.




Did you know that we almost missed having our little blessing, Chase? After #4 (Addison) was born, I needed to have a surgery that would render me infertile. As Addison grew and I would give away his old clothes, I would cry. I just kept saying, "I feel like we are forgetting someone. I don't feel like we are all here."



Previously, after 2 years of fertility, 3 miscarriages, and giving up, we finally got pregnant with Addison. I didn't have time to try like that again. The hormones taken in fertility were too big of a risk with my cancer risk. I was on a timeclock to get this surgery.



Two weeks before my pre-op appointment my whole family got the stomach flu. After a couple days, everyone stopped throwing up...except for me. After 1 week, Jesse asked, "Could you possibly be pregnant?" We took a test and to my complete happiness, it was positive.



Our family would not have been the same without Chase. See here and here and even here. There's never a dull moment with you.


Chase got this toy for his birthday. I think it was a hit. Notice how he calls Jesse, "Mom" :)





Chase we love you. Our family would not be complete without you. You are the exclamation point at the end of our family!


14 comments:

Melinda said...

All my kids laughed at Chase's video. We were hoping he would try for a basket. I just love this age.
Happy Birthday to Chase.

mahina said...

i love your story of how you got all of your children. having suffered through the infertility stuff with you it gives me hope that we may be able to have all the children that we want!

i can definitely see how much fun he can be!

happy birthday, chase!

Jesse said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHASE-

love "MOM"

Jesse said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHASE-

love "MOM"

Tami said...

There is nothing like the pure joy and excitement little children have! He was so thrilled with his ball. How adorable that he kept calling Jesse "Mom"!

AlfHitchPresents said...

I hope he didn't shiver when he ate the cake frosting like SOME people did when they were 2 :).

Melissa-Mc said...

No, Jason. He ate all the frosting on top and then nibbled at the cake :)

Becky said...

It was a bit disturbing to have him call for mom, and here the deep voice answer!
happy birthday Chase, may your year be full of cleaning up after yourself, every mom's dream!

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday, Chase! I loved the links to some of his crazy disasters he created. I also liked the video...especially with Jesse answering to Mom (or was he saying something else?). haha!

He was a beautiful newborn. You have a beautiful family. I'm so glad you have had all of your children! What a blessing they all are...

Bridget said...

Wow, what a story! So glad you got that last child. Love the name Chase too.

We had problems getting pregnant the first time around but not the next two. I sympathize with anyone who has to go through that, especially if its with every pregnancy.

Lauren in GA said...

I LOVE how you called him the, "exclamation point" at the end of your family. So cutely put.:)


Okay, so I just met you but I must say you are a TOTAL inspiration and example of strength! It is hard to know when a family is complete and I love how you listened to the promptings of the Spirit to bring Chase into your family. I can't even imagine the pain and toll that suffering 3 miscarriages and infertility can bring. I am amazed by your strength. (and awesome sense of humor)

Chase is adorable! I loved the video and collage of him!

I also like how your husband just responded without hesitation to being called, "MOM!"

Scott-n-Allison said...

Can he really be two already? Thanks for being home yesterday to chat. You are my hero.

Ilene said...

That is a sweet little miracle living in your home.

After reading your post it makes it a bit easier for me to ask you for an obgyn recommendation. I need to get me one of those.

Tonya said...

Happy birthday to Chase! I wish I could meet him:0) I guess that's what happens though when you move away and then have two more boys. I love getting to know him through your blog posts and photos though! Thank you so much for your post and for remembering my birthday. I miss you!