
Every prophet comes with his own strengths and gifts. One of the many gifts of Thomas S. Monson is an incredible memory of people and experiences. President Monson focuses on the individual and seeks out "the one." As Jesus Christ ministered on the earth, he did so to people as individuals. This is how I feel about President Monson. He "goes about doing good" and touching the lives of individuals.

In a church with over 13 million members, President Monson seeks out the one and recognizes us as individuals. As he gave the closing talk this morning, I felt like he was speaking to ME, to me as an individual. Several millions of people were hearing his voice, and somehow he made me feel as if he was speaking right to me directly.
Because of President Monson's example, I can greater understand how the Savior can know all of our names, our circumstances, and thoughts of our hearts. Every soul is precious to Him. I know Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet today on the earth. He has given me a greater understanding of my Savior. I have a greater desire to be a better person and to go about doing good and serving people as precious individuals.
5 comments:
Yes, he is amazing. I loved reading more about him in the Ensign last month too. I can't imagine being a Bishop at 22 yrs old! Incredible.
That is amazing he was bishop at 22 yrs old! Wow... I agree, there is something really special about him. I've always loved listening to his stories. He's very interesting. I loved your post and the way you wrote about him. We didn't get to see Conference yesterday. Can't wait until we do!
it is hard to comment on someones testimony. I thought conference was great, and I loved getting to know our new prophet better, even though we have known him as long as I can remember!
Melissa...thanks for your thoughts. I'm always thankful for the immediate confirmation I feel that our new prophets and apostles are indeed called of God and meant to lead us at this time. Scott said President Monson wiggled his ears for the men at priesthood... wish I could have see that!
I had a neat experience during the solemn assemby and feel so grateful to be led by a prophet and to get to have the Spirit testify of it.
Thanks for your comment. We are happy to stay. One of my best friends (with a cute blog, see Proudfoots on my links) is moving to Boise in a few weeks...you should say hi! (Although San Antonio is a cool town--I have a brother there--I'm glad you get to stay too!)
Post a Comment