The second flaw is the toilet. The toilet was not enclosed in it's own room. There was just 1/2 a wall next to it.
Um...1/2 a wall may elude some people into thinking that this ensures some protection and privacy. Hello? Anyone who has children knows that they never knock and just walk right in. We have had many talks about "potty time being private time." They just don't get it. There's nothing like trying to use the bathroom and having your loving toddlers at the base of the toilet watching your every move. I was excited for this change:
Putting a whole wall up and a door. Now we have to prime the wall, put the frame on and get a doorknob WITH A LOCK. Then potty time can be truly be private time...
well, at least a little more private than it was.
Now it's on to new counter tops, back splash, fixtures and paint. I will post again when it's all done.
14 comments:
Hooray for the team of hardworkers!!!
I bet you are overjoyed to be able to use YOUR bathroom again!!! The tile looks beautiful.
Carpet in the bathroom is one of those mysteries of the universe; I just don't know how anyone thought that was a good idea. Your new floor looks so very nice. Looking forward to pictures when it's all done!
We have a master bathroom shower leak issue too. We had linoleum that bubbled up, underneath was black mold instead of mushrooms. We have had our floor replaced four times! They keep thinking they have fixed the leak but 2-3 months later the bubble appears. They are coming next week for round 5. I'm so done!
Yay for you that you will finally get some much needed potty privacy.
I love to see pics of home improvement projects! Looks great, congrats.
Carpet in the bathroom is a bit gross...I love the new floor! Looks SO nice! It never seems to matter if the bathroom door is shut and locked. They manage to get in. Turns out the door doesn't latch all the way for some reason, so all they have to do is push on the door and it pops open!
Can't wait to see photos of the finished bathroom:-)
that must feel so good to check something off your list! sounds like you have a pretty good sized list! Good luck!
kawena's favortie thing to do, now that she can open the doors in our house, is go into the bathroom while i am using the toilet and put her cold hands on my bare leg! i howl and she just thinks it is the funniest thing!
kids have no concept of privacy!
Thanks for the visit on my blog. Good to know blogging is alive and well in Boise. I can't believe how many homes are in Meridian these days (I had relatives who lived there 10 years ago).
Our "new" house also has carpet in the master bathroom which just gives me the heebie jeebies. So, my question is, do you guys want to come do another bathroom in a month or so? Don't worry, our toilet already has its own door... I think.
Nice work guys! Looks absolutely fantastic!
yeah for handymen!! we all need a private get a way!
good luck with finishing it before you go!
I can't wait to remodel our master bathroom. We to have the grody carpet with mold growing right by the bathtub. Who in the world ever thought of carpet in a bathroom or a dining room for that matter. Maybe I can talk Matt into doing this project sooner than later...we are getting a kicker check, right?
Exciting! Remodeling is fun and crazy. Good luck!
My grandparents have carpet in their bathroom and actually my Mom and Dad did in the house that I grew up in. DISGUSTING, huh? What's up with that anyway? Yeah for your new bathroom.
Blogapalooza is a get together of us blogging Mormon moms at Women's Conference at BYU. We're having a one night social where we've got a room reserved and food catered. Everyone who reads Celia's blog was invited. So if you're up for it, its not too late!
Post a Comment