
I think it became therapy for Jesse. When I was in a long surgery, he thought, "I’d better go to Café du Monde to get the worries off my mind. After my surgery when all I did was sleep, he thought, “I’m a little bored. Time to get more beignets.” Then after I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance and the ordeal we had there, he was very tired emotionally. So what did he do? You got it, go get his doughnut fix. Luckily another way Jesse deals with stress is through running, so he could at least run off all of those extra calories.
Today after church we found it only fitting to invite Mindy and her family over for beignets to share with them the vice to which Jesse is now addicted.

In August I will have a 2nd surgery in New Orleans. It’s good to know that when Jesse is lonely, bored or stressed, Café du Monde will be just around the corner.
22 comments:
How yummy! I love the pic of all the powdered sugar falling off Jesse's beignet. (How do you pronounce that anyway?) Looks SO good. Believe it or not, there's a Cafe du Monde close to our house. I've eaten there only once and it was wonderful. We'll have to go back and see if they happen to have those little hand-held pieces of sugary delight!! tsf
Rich and I also have eat in at Cafe du Monde. They melt in your mouth and leave a sugar hi. yum-o!! Good to hear and see you are doing good. Paula
Now I want to go to New Orleans. Simply for those delightful fried pastries. I guess there is other stuff to do there too... like have a surgery, right?
One night we will have to have a dessert swap. I will make frozen hot chocolate and you make beignets. Calories are our friends, right?
looks sooo good. I would ask how to make them, but then I might fall into the addictions too. I don't run as much as Jesse, so I think I better stay clear. I'm going to keep chanting "Just say no, just say no"
You are in charge of the treats at our next Family reunion
Oh, that looks good. Our Cafe Beignet closed a few months ago and it was a sad day. I had never had beignets before going there and fell in love with them. Who could not? To me they are this perfect cross between a doughnut and french toast. Yum yum.
wow, those do look delicious! i've never had them before, but i'm sure i would get addicted as well! it is good to know that jesse has the cafe to turn to on your next trip down there!
why can't anyone ever get addicted to carrots? It just isn't fair!
I remember when my parents brought home the Beignet mix from New Orleans and we LOVED them!! Makes me want to make scones! Delicious!
Thank you for being such a good commenter on my blog! Through all your surgery, you kept up better than me. I am so glad that you blog and I love being able to check in on your family and to be uplifted and inspired by you and your family.
I'm with tami.......how do you say beignet. is it like ballet? or BEEG Net. BEEG Nay or BIG Net?
Whatever, they look so yummy.
Anything rolled in a pound of powdered sugar can't be bad right? Those look seriously good.
Pronunciation of beignet:
Bay-Nyae
The n and y kind of roll together.
I could difinitely get hooked on those. Did you dip them in anything? Did you bring some mix home with you or did you find a recipe?
YUMMY!
I want one of those BAD!
Those look delicious. Glad to see you are feeling better!
I can taste them through the screen!!!!!!
Thank goodness for comfort food...it has gotten me through many a rough time. :)
I guess I need to add New Orleans to my "must travel to" places just for the food!
Yum... Cafe Du Monde... ALWAYS a must. Now you can spread the good word with all of us.. I wish I had one of those boxes at my house!
Yes it is our Stake Conference this weekend...I'm normally not that excited about stake conference...keeping kids entertained for that extra half hour is a killer not to mention trying to find a babysitter for the adult session. But I'm excited to hear your dad speak! What is his name. What a small world!
My dad is Elder Merrell. I'll go comment on your blog too.
I think I need a beignet. Those look fabulous! I love finding out about new, yummy foods. I love therapy food...for me that is chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!
So delicious looking!!!!
You are so right about me!! I was born in 1970 and went on my mission in 1991! I feel closer to you already, Melissa!
I hope you get this comment as I am behind on reading posts :( I just can't keep up with everything...
You look very cute with a touch of powdered sugar on your nose ;)
Post a Comment