Me dressing like Megan was no problem. She has her own unique sense of style and it was fun to dress like her.
I asked Megan if she wanted to dress like me now (post-surgery) or how I usually am. She said "NOW!" She enjoyed being able to wear sweats, a bathrobe, and slippers.
We have so much fun together. I am so grateful for my little girl, but something has happened...while we were out of town for 10 days, she grew up. She has become a beautiful young women.
The song "Sunrise, Sunset" comes to mind. One phrase says: "I don't remember growing older, when did she?"
This year I have had to deal with: Braces, Middle School, Young Women's, Contact Lenses, and Makeup. Oh! It's almost too much for a "very young mother" to handle :)
I am just trying to enjoy every single moment of her.
19 comments:
Wow! I can't believe she's so tall! What a fun idea to dress as each other...I agree with Megan that the sweats and comfy clothes were the way to go! You both look fantastic!
i cannot believe how tall she has gotten! is she as tall as you? crazy! i still picture her as the little megan she was when you lived here!
what a fun activity! you both look fabulous!
that sounds like a fun activity!!
Sounds like a fun party! Megan is looking so grown up. The horror. ;-) And Melissa, I hope you're feeling as good as you're looking!
What a fun activity. I bet it was a blast.
You are both so cute. I have a boy passing the sacrament and I wonder when did this happen, it goes so fast.
That sounds like such a fun activity. ANd yes she looks as tall as you! Crazy.
Ah, braces. That is such a rite of passage.
Hmmm. I dress like your post-op days most days. What does that mean?
You BOTH look so good. I couldn't tell which is the mom and which is the daughter! :D
You both did GREAT! i love your cute leggins' ...you're totally hip!
What a fun idea...I am so stealing it for my beehives. Your daughter is adorable and you look so fabulous for just having some major surgery.
Oh and you look way too young to ber her mother!
at least you can tell the difference in your styles, kat and I did that once and we are both t shirts and jeans kind of girls! I just had to not wear make-up!
She did age while you were gone! couldn't believe it myself.
That is so sweet! I know what you mean about how fast they grow up. Sometimes I sit and look at Emma and wonder how she could be 5.5 years old (I know, she's still young, but STILL, it went by so fast). I wish I could stop time.
You guys look so cute together and look like you have lots of fun together.
I love the outfits you guys chose! I love my girls "unique" sense of style too. It sounds like a fun activity and gives me ideas for the YW I work with. I can't believe how grown up Megan is and Melissa,you look fabulous,you very young mother, you:D
I'm so tickled that you commented on my blog the other day, of course I know you! You made my day, thank you.
I still have all my pictures from the Mother/Daughter activities when I was younger, those are cherished memories. You look absolutely beautiful! I hope that you're feeling well these days, you certainly have many prayers going in your direction. (some by way of China...ha!)
Melissa you look great! It can't just be the clothes. She really had grown up quickly. My kids tease me because I get teary when I listen to 100 years, but lately every one has grown up and I feel like I am trying to hold on to water, it slips by that fast.
What a fun activity!
I think it is so great that the two of you enjoy each other! That is wonderful!
Loved the pics!
Wow! She is so grown up. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
Hello.
I'm just out blog surfing and ran across your happy blog and had to comment on this post.
I, too, have a daughter going through all this. She's 11 turning 12 this October and can hardly wait.
Middle school this fall, Young Women's in October, makeup when she's 12... such fun stuff.
Thanks for letting me take a peek into your life.
Rachel
http://toadswildfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment