Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cyber Friends

I love the world of blogging. It has been so rewarding to "meet" and get to know so many amazing and wonderful women that I would have never met were it not for blogging. I also can keep in contact with old friends and relatives that I rarely see anymore. And of course I love visiting the blogs of my dear friends who surround me daily.





A couple of months ago, I had the wonderful opportunity of visiting Ilene's blog. We began commenting on each others posts. I was so excited to find out she was moving to Boise and to meet her.





Today I met my first "cyber/blog" friend. Her darling family came over to dinner, and it was so fun to meet and talk and get to know one another in the flesh. She is as beautiful, sweet and fun as she appears to be on her blog.





To her friends she left in Spokane, you're right, she is wonderful and we will take good care of her here.


I hope to meet all of you someday that I haven't met face to face yet, but for now, I will be content at reading and being inspired by all of your posts.

14 comments:

Penny said...

I love the blogging world too! It's funny how you feel like you totally know someone through blogging. And then when you get to meet them in person- so cool!I'm so glad you got to meet our sweet Ilene. We sure miss her! I guess our loss is your gain. :( How fun that your families had dinner together. Take good care of her for us!

Shauna said...

It really is amazing how it connects people.

jessica said...

SO JEALOUS!!!! I'm not sure which makes me more jealous....that you get to have Ilene in your life now or that Ilene gets to know you in real life. Either way I love how the blog brings us all together.

Tonya said...

Wow! That is a really cool story. How in the world did you meet through blogging though? I guess I am not in the know about how that works. You look great Melissa!

Bridget said...

It is such a small Mormon blogging world. You know I met Ilene at Blogapalooza? She is so cute. I even got to sit next to her. I know. I'm lucky.

Great picture of both of you!

Lauren in GA said...

I am so glad you got to meet Ilene! She seems so amazing!

And YOU are amazing, too my dear!

I am so sorry I have gotten so behind on reading your posts...I can't seem to keep up with anything these days.

Do you have comments made on your blog e-mailed to you? I was just curious if I read older posts and commented if you would get the messages?

Melissa-Mc said...

Lauren, yes all comments are emailed to me, so I will get any comments from old posts that you make.

Ilene said...

Ah, it was delightful meeting you!

I won't say too much because OF COURSE I will have to blog about our meeting as well.

You really made my day. Thanks!

Tami said...

Very cool that you not only got to meet but that she has moved to Boise! She is so lucky to have you for a friend! (Take it from me, I know these things!!)

Lindsey said...

Oh how fun... we are glad that you get to experience Ilene too! But, eventhough I didn't meet her here... I am glad you got to meet her there!!! :)

Melissa said...

wow you guys actually kind of look alike :)

Granny said...

Melissa, In case you are not aware of it, there is an internet site that funds free mammograms for those who can't afford it. The site is : thebreastcancersite.com
There are also tabs at the top that you can enter to feed children free or provide books etc.

Anonymous said...

how cool to meet a new friend like that!!! I would say that SHE is lucky to have found you---you're a great friend!

mahina said...

that is so awesome! when i heard she was moving to boise i thought, "maybe she will be able to meet melissa!" and she did! have fun with her!