With the new school year, we have started another year of our preschool co-op. I just love being able to teach my own children but not get burnt out. Each of us moms teach about every 2 months.
I now have TWO children in preschool. The first week was a shock to my system, since for 2 hours 2 days a week, there was NO ONE but myself at home. Of course I find plenty to do, but it felt really weird after 13 years of having at least one of my children home with me.
You may remember last years post. Addison was sad because he didn’t want to leave Chase and me to go to preschool.
And Chase was sad he didn’t get to go to preschool with Addison.
So this year was much easier. Both were thrilled to be going to preschool together. Here is their first day going to preschool.
And after their first day of preschool:
I got to teach the 2nd week. Our letter was “B” and my theme was “Bugs, Bees, and Butterflies.” We made butterfly masks.
We read and acted out “The Hungry Caterpillar.” Here they are in their “cocoons” waiting to change into butterflies.
Then the butterflies emerged:
We ate cool snacks with mud, dirt & bugs:
We went on an outdoor bug hunt and an indoor bug hunt:
We learned all about bees and where honey comes from:
And the really fun part for them was hiding from the teacher:
Next time I teach is in December where we will focus on Christmas and the Nativity. I can’t wait! But in the mean time, I’ll get lots of things accomplished when it isn’t my turn to teach.
16 comments:
These kids are soooo lucky to have you teaching them. Looks so fun. I love that my Dawson gets to go to your house to do these cool things. I can't wait for your December turn....I remember how cool it was last year!
those are great pictures. We love the preschool!!!
Very cute, very creative. I love the masks.
i now will never post the boring activities i do at preschool! you might have to plan out my next one--yours is so fun!
they are just a bunch of cute kids!
I'm so glad that Dawson is apart of such fun and memories. He always looks forward to school!
I am a huge fan of co-op preschool! I'm doing one with Ivy this year and it's been so great. What program are you using? Or did you come up with your own agenda? We're using Mother Goose Time and we love it! Fun, fun stuff and it's SO much cheaper than sending them to preschool.
That sounds so awesome and the kids look crazy cute. Enjoy your open time! :-)
I love doing co-ops! I have a few years until C is ready...enjoy your quiet moments you deserve them.
Wow. Hours to yourself. . . *sigh* I know my time will come. :)
They're so cute. What great ideas you have for lessons! It looks like a lot of fun - and how much better knowing you can be with your kids too!
I love the hand holding pictures of them before and after preschool.
You are an awesome teacher. It looks like they had a wonderful time.
Oh Melissa - You are so good! That little preschool sounds like a lot of fun!
How cute and fun! I love the pic of them holding each other's hands. So sweet!
A co-op is sounding really good. How do you guys come up with your ideas?
Those first two pictures are the greatest! So cute. :) I LOVE preschool and all that is associated with it. How fun to have 2 in it together. I miss having a preschooler. Being alone in the house is still kind of weird for me too.
Happy late birthday! I hope you had fun. I wished I would have taught pre-school with you. We would have been awsome together!
valba
Happy Late Birthday...I've been so busy lately that I didn't get a note sent off to you!
Glad the co-op is going well. I tried one with Rachael, but Lia always blurted out the answers and Simeon cried all the time...causing other kids to plug their ears. I was WAY frustrated and haven't done one since. But then, I'm not nearly as put together as you are...I'm sure you're a fantastic teacher!
Post a Comment