Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wicked Fun in Seattle

A couple of weeks ago we took advantage of a 4-day-weekend and sneaked up to Seattle to visit our families and see "Wicked." We call these adventures "seize the moments."


I was raised in Seattle and always love to come back to visit. Here are some beautiful views of my parents' back patio and my old bedroom growing up:









At night the Seattle skyline looks gorgeous.


I went back and looked at some pictures of when we went to see "Wicked" in 2006 and thought I would include those photos as well, since I was not blogging back then:



Megan with "Galinda" in 2006:






Megan with "Galinda" is 2009:





Megan with "Elphaba" in 2006:





Megan with "Elphaba" in 2009:





Hunter with "Fiyero" in 2006:




Megan with "Fiyero" in 2009:








Jesse & Hunter in 2006:




Braden waiting for the cast members in 2009:








Here is a picture of Megan with "The Wizard." I'll let you guess who this man is. Here are a couple of clues (You may have had to been born before 1980 to get this person)






1. I used to sneak to watch reruns of this show, because my mom didn't want me to watch it. (I know, I was a rebel. But I really didn't understand what was wrong with it at my tender age)
*
2. He co-starred with John Ritter and Suzanne Somers.
*
Got it yet???
*
3. He played a "ladies' man" in the sitcom "Three's Company."
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Yes, my friends, it is none other than Richard Kline, otherwise known as the swarthy, womanizing "Larry Dallas."










Just TRY and not be jealous, okay! Actually, he was VERY good in the play and actually had a great singing Wizard voice. Who knew?
*
My other claim to fame is that when we saw Wicked in LA, Adam Lambert (American Idol), played Fiyero. We got his autograph afterwards.
*
Do you think I should try and sell it on ebay?

14 comments:

Melinda said...

so fun to see the befores and afters. Does the cast only come out in Seattle or do they do that everywhere? That's kindof fun to have those pics of the cast members.

Lauren in GA said...

Those are great pictures. I love how you included both sets. Megan has grown so much!

I had no idea Rickard Kline could sing...whoa.

I love your clever title.

Becky said...

i will have to go with you guys some time so i can meet the cast! those are fun pictures!

jessica said...

WICKED JEALOUS!!!!! Seriously! I almost took Maya and Eden on October 3rd, to the matinee in Seattle. I checked on tickets in June but we weren't sure what my mother in laws health was going to be like and that is her birthday so we didn't go. There's always next year...

I loved the pictures...that 2009 Fiyero is HOT!

Box Office Bananas said...

1) I TOTES remember sneaking and watching Three's Company with you and we NEVER knew what was going on but I loved that they went to a place called The Regal Beagle! and Joyce DeWitt is my hero.

2) My friend Rod is really good friends with Adam Lambert and he gets to go the studio tonight with 6 others and listen to the 20 songs he has recorded and help him cut it down to 12 for his album. Fun!

Tonya said...

That is some wicked fun! I knew that Larry guy looked familiar...I used to sneak in episodes of Three's Company, too. :0)Ha! Ha! We were such rebels.

Heather said...

We are big Wicked fans! i think we have seen it four times and would love to go see it again!

Lyndsie Miles said...

How fun! And Seattle is just beautiful! My husband's mom is about two-hours south-east of Seattle, but I have never been TO Seattle. Kind of funny. =)

I love seeing how much Megan has grown into a beautiful young lady. =)

Katherine said...

Wow---so cool! I did guess "Larry", but not until the 2nd clue. I love the 2006 pics mixed in there---and of course, Braden. :)
So fun to go to WA. We're heading there for Thanksgiving.

Philip and Melissa said...

i LOVE Wicked!!!!!! AND SEATTLE!!!!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

I'm so jealous! I have wanted to see Wicked for forever. I can't believe you met "Larry"! We totally snuck and watched 3's company too. My mom would tell us to "turn that trash off". We were cluelessly enjoying it with no idea as to what was really going on.

And I can't believe you got Adam Lambert's autograph! I bet his performance was amazing. I love his voice.

Scott-n-Allison said...

I LOOOOOVe Wicked! I wanted to see it in NY, but would have had to sell my children to afford the tickets...and they were the ones that I wanted to see it.

I'm so jealous.

Just Only Me said...

FUN!! I'm so jealous! I still haven't seen Wicked yet. (I know, my sisters and Mom won't admit that to anyone they know) :)

If you ever need a pal to run up to Seattle with, I'm your gal!

Lindsey said...

Melissa! We miss you in blogland. Hope you are ok!