Hey, remember me? I am struggling with the "I-have-so-much-to-do-that-I-can't-even-think-about-posting" phase. I have so much to catch up on, so I will make them short & sweet.
Addison expressed a desire to learn how to ride a bike. Thanks to our neighbor, we learned a great way to teach a child to ride a bike. We took the pedals off of his bike. For a couple of weeks he just coasted around without the pedals or training wheels. This taught him balance.
Last week, my husband said he was going to put the pedals back on his bike and see how he did. Literally 30 seconds later I heard, "he's riding!" I ran out to find him doing this:
And he's been riding his bike every since. Congratulations, Addison! And thanks, Rand, for the great idea on how to teach a child to ride a bike.
13 comments:
Wow! I've never heard of taking the pedals off the bike to learn. That is awesome!
Way to go Addison!
What a great idea! I have 3 girls yet to teach, so I am totally trying that!
When my son turned 5 I remember all his friends were already riding 2 wheelers. I was a little panicked. I thought I need to teach him how to ride. Two days later he got on a little bike we have and was riding down the street. So often I think we should just let our kids figure things out in their own time. (I am reminding myself of this as potty training time is almost here again, ugh)
and he will inspire the rest of the kiddo's to do the same! that is how john, megan, and ellie all learned ...thanks to rand!
That is so cool! I've never heard of teaching it that way. It's so fun when you see your kids learning new things.
About the Frog and Toad cookie story----I totally agree. I was laughing when I read your comment. :)
It's awesome to be able to ride a big bike with NO training wheels.
Way to go Addison.
That's an aweosme idea! I see lots of awesome's in the comments so far. AWESOME!!!!! Way to go Addison.
I love it! We taught Rachael this summer and hoped Simeon would catch on at the same time, but he didn't...maybe we'll try the same trick!
Wow! What a great idea. I had never thought of that before. Great way to learn balance and get ready for pedals. Way to go Addison!
Sorry you're so busy your head is going to pop off. I hope it eases up soon.
I got to talk to your mom at church a couple weeks ago. It was great to see her - it's been a very long time!
I'm going to use that strategy with Dawswon, I know that he loves to copy whatever Addison does. Yay for him!!
Fabulous Idea!!! I am seriously going to do that with Camden in like four years!
Catch up is so overwhelming! I am in that mode too.
Oh gosh Melissa - please send you neighbor to teach Parker! I can't wait until they all are mobile and can get around our lake without a stroller or help!
Look at him go!!
I have never heard of that. What a fabulous idea!!!
I am so far behind on posting I just want to cry. I hope my blogging doesn't go the way of my scrapbooking...down the tubes.
Post a Comment