Friday, December 19, 2008

Preschool Nativity FHE

       

We had our Preschool Nativity which ended up being SO much fun.  All the preschoolers and their siblings and fathers participated.  Thanks, Becky, for the pictures!

Preschool Nativity Family Home Evening style, starring…

preschool nativity 014

The Innkeeper’s Daughter

 

 

 

preschool nativity 005

The Littlest Angel

 

 

 

preschool nativity 016

Mary being afraid when the Angel Gabriel first appears to her

 

 

 

preschool nativity 017

Mary & Joseph, a little reluctant to hold hands

 

 

 

preschool nativity 018

Mary & Joseph feeling a little more comfortable together.

 

 

 

preschool nativity 019

Dave, the Good-Sport Donkey, carrying Mary on their long trek.

 

 

 

preschool nativity 026

The shepherds being “sore afraid”

 

 

 

preschool nativity 024

The 3 Wiseman following the star, courtesy of these fine camels

 

 

 

preschool nativity 034

The shepherds sheep fluffing their curls

 

 

 

preschool nativity 007

Joseph and a shepherd duking it out (a small departure from the Bible)

 

 

 

preschool nativity 031

And many sweet angels.

 

The evening was a success.  There were over 40 people there; so while chaotic, it was very fun and we were able to feel the Spirit of the Nativity.

 

One Nativity down, two to go.  We are doing one with the Primary on Sunday, and then our little family always acts it out on Christmas Eve. 

It’s the most wonderful time of the year!

17 comments:

mahina said...

i love how the dad's were donkeys and camels!

very cute!

Rohan Shearer said...

What a fun idea! So when did Jesse get such big arm muscles! He looks like a football player in those pictures.

Darilyn said...

I've been waiting for this post! I think this is the most adorable thing ever. I only wish my children were that age again to do it when they were pre-schoolers. Your pictures and narration are really great.

Heather said...

How cute is that and you really had full house!

Melinda said...

Thanks for hosting. It was fun and the kids really paid attention. Thanks for the fun.

jessica said...

How ADORABLE! What a great idea! I will steal it when Camden's in pre-school..in oh...like four years!

I agree it is THE most wonderful time of the year!

Scott-n-Allison said...

I LOVE Christmas nativities...we do one each year with my family and it is the best.

It was great to catch up on your family this afternoon! Gotta love blogs.

Bridget said...

That looks so fun!

Tami said...

Darling! Love them all...great narration, Melissa! :D

Lauren in GA said...

I love it! I especially enjoyed, "a small departure of from the bible"...You are hilarious!

It made me think of President Eyring's talk from the Christmas devotional this year...when the tin foil balls were making contact with Samuel the Lamanite.

Shauna said...

Looks like you had a pretty big group. Very fun.

Becky said...

you got them all in! it was so fun, thanks for hosting! and I don't think that the duking it out was the only departure from the bible!

Ilene said...

love it... even the fight. Those angels can be a little pesky.

Katherine said...

This is so great!! I love Joseph and the shepard duking it out. That littlest angel is so cute!

♥Shally said...

The Nativity is so much fun to do. We are doing ours tonight-- we'll see how it goes with all the little ones!!

Granny said...

I just love Nativities. I collect them and love getting them out in preparation for beautiful and holy season. Hopefully Shauna took pictures of ours as my camera is broken. Ours starred a naked shepherd and the little sheep who stole the baby Jesus.

Melissa said...

looks like everyone had fun with the nativity :)