Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary!





On August 13th, Jesse and I celebrated the Anniversary of our marriage in the Seattle Temple. Here are some of the statistics of our marriage thus far:



Days Married: 5114




Countries Lived In: 2




States Lived In: 7




Times We've Moved: 15




ER Visits: 13




Surgeries: 8




Children Born: 5




College Degrees Earned: 3




Jobs Held: 14




Tears Shed: Too Many to Count




Moments of Laughter: Even More Too Many to Count




Years Married to my Best Friend: FOURTEEN!







I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful marriage. Jesse is sensitive, kind, righteous and treats me like a Queen. Thank you for 14 wonderful years. I am looking forward to eternity...


23 comments:

Becca said...

BEAUTIFUL wedding pictures. Happy Anniversary.

Shauna said...

August this year is 16 for us, time flies! What a beautiful bride you were. Happy 14th!

Siouxsie said...

Congratulations!! Isn't it wonderful to be married to someone you not only love but also like a whole lot? :-) I love seeing your pictures. You both look great. And today is Rob's birthday, too, so I'll be sure to remember your anniversary from now on. Hope you're feeling tons better, Melissa!

Bridget said...

Happy anniversary to you! Sounds like a great 14 years.

Granny said...

I can totally remember your beautiful wedding and your wedding dance. It really can't be that many years ago. You are very blessed and what's even better is that you know it and acknowledge where those blessings come from. Love you.

jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved your stats, that was so clever...

I love that you posted wedding pictures. You were...and still are...a smokin hot bride! It's so fun to remember how naive we were when we got married and that we had no idea about the ride we were about to jump on. It sounds like yours has been quite the adventure. I hope your next anniversary finds you in better health so you can really party!

Just Only Me said...

Beautiful couple.. then and now! Congratulations!

Katherine said...

I remember this day!!! I can't believe it's been so long. Of course, you have all of the stats on it.:) Love it! I remember Eric E. came over special for your wedding and stayed with me. Congratulations! You guys are so perfect together---and a wonderful example to those around you. Your pictures are beautiful. I don't think I've seen them before. Good to see nice Julie!

Tami said...

Your wedding pictures are beautiful! You haven't changed a bit. Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful bride!!!! happy anniversary!

Lauren in GA said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

You are a fantastic looking couple and it looks like you have had an eventful and wonderful 14 years together.

I love that last "va va va vooooom" picture of you! BEAUTIFUL then, BEAUTIFUL now.

♥Shally said...

Happy Anniversary!!

I hope you are feeling back to your old self soon...

Becky said...

I am so glad you got to go on a romantic trip to the place you were married. An anniversary to remember!
I agree, you haven't changed a bit (except updating the look, don't want you to think we think you are stuck in an era!)

Ilene said...

So pretty! You look the same... now with straight hair.

Congrats!

MaryandDan said...

Happy 14th! Beautiful pictures! But the good news is that you look exactly like that now! So fun to read all your stats. You and Jesse are so lucky to be each other's best friends. We had a ball at your home and you totally inspired me to come home and get organized! We just missed having you around for all the Becky fun events! But she never stops, so you are just lucky you get to live there. So happy your surgery is over and you are on your way home! Thank you again for EVERYTHING!!

Darilyn said...

Happy Anniversary! That was one impressive list.

Philip and Melissa said...

what a hot couple!!!! happy anniversary!

Jake said...

This is anniversary week for us, too! Isn't it great when life just keeps getting better?! Congrats to you both!

Jesse said...

So now that everyone else has posted I will post.

Melissa is the greatest wife ever. I cannot remember her not bieng in my life. She is my very best friend and as I said before...
I am desperately in love with her.

Tonya said...

You guys looked like the Ken and Barbie couple in those pictures. What an amazing and crazy and unforgetable 14 years you guys have had together! I hope you are feeling better Melissa. I had no idea what you have been going through until I just read through your blog. We have been in Utah and just got back. Thanks for commenting on my blog...it makes me want to ask you some questions though because i'm sure that we were near Boise when voices started coming from the radio and scripture billboards were flashing at me. Does 7th heaven RV Sales exist? Is there a scripture (Proverbs 3:6) billboard that flashes and is there a radio station called Positive Alternative. I really want to know!
We would have LOVED to stop by and see you, but it was 2:00 or so in the morning and it sounds like we left the same day you were in New Orleans. Don't forget to stop by for peanut butter cup smore's next time your in Oregon and we will try to not be passing through Boise at 2:00 in the morning next time we go to Utah:0) Email me at tonyagold@comcast.net so I can have your e-mail address.

Lyndsie Miles said...

Happy Anniversary! This is my first time stopping by your blog and I enjoy it very much. I’m sure I’ll see you more!

Teresa said...

I'm a little late, but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I loved the photos. You look so pretty in the last one (and the others too, but the close up was very beautiful).

Hailey Vial said...

Is that Michael Pratt as your best man? He lived behind my house growing up. Congrats on your anniversary! What a fantastic couple you are, very inspiring, and I'm so glad you are home and have Jesse to support you through your surgeries. Don't guys make our lives go smoother? And more interesting.