Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A "Keeping it Real" Tag

There has been a tag going around where you take pictures of different things in your home.




The rules are 1. you must take 10 pictures of the following things right away without straightening or cleaning and 2. then you tag 5 others.




I kept waiting to be tagged, but then realized all my kind friends were trying to spare me since I was not able to clean or do chores for 6 weeks after surgery. Then Bridget tagged anyone who hadn't done it thus far. I actually took my pictures immediately, but it has taken me this long to actually post them.

*My Fridge*


No order whatsoever. Everything just gets piled in there.

*The Kitchen Sink*


Thanks to my mother-in-law, she kept up on the dishes.



*The Toilet*




Again, thanks to my mother-in-law, the toilet is clean. Notice how I didn't take a picture of the boys' bathroom. I do have 4 sons, ya know.


*Laundry Room*


Laundry is the first chore I dove into after surgery, and it made me feel like I had some capabilities if I kept up on it.


*What my Kids are doing right now*



My sweet daughter is mowing the lawn.



Braden and Chase are playing with the remote control cars.


Bob the Builder is busy building




Hunter is on the computer making plans for his new feature film "Tim."




*Favorite Room*


Normally my bathroom would not be my favorite room in the house, but Jesse has just re-tiled it. What was formally a forest green jungle, has now become this:




I had so much coming up with the design and then sending Jesse to work. It still needs paint, etc, but for now I am content with admiring this backsplash.

*My Closet*




Exciting!

*Favorite Shoes*





So they need a little polishing, but they are cute and comfy. I'm a little on the clumsy side, so high heels and I don't always get along. How do you like the leopard print inside?


*Self Portrait*




HELLO!


*Dream Vacation









I would LOVE to go to the Caribbean for 2 reasons: 1. To veg out on a beach and leisurely hang out, 2. To visit all the wonderful people I met on my mission.


I'm really grateful for a capable husband, mother and mother-in-law!



Now I am suppose to tag 5 people. I am not going to do this. Those who know me well know that I have a mortal fear of asking people to do things--except for my husband and children :) So I tag whoever reads this, hasn't done it, but thinks it would be sort of fun.

18 comments:

Darilyn said...

Bob the Builder is so dang cute. I can't believe your daughter was mowing the lawn. Note to self: Show soon to be 14 year old daughter how to mow the lawn.

Lindsey said...

You are lookin' pretty darn good in the pic for being 'in recovery'. I am not in recovery (unless moving is recovery) and I would have not DARED take a picture as of late.. before today, I couldn't even remember the last time I had showered!

Bridget said...

The tile around your bathtub is very cool. Love that. Also I would love that beach vacation too. Looks heavenly.

Jesse said...

Darilyn - if the daughter mows the lawn the inside of the housework goes way down. IF she opts to not mow then she cleans all the toilets (including the one used by the four boys). It's all in the motivation.

jessica said...

Okay your house is too clean. For seven people living there and the mom in "recovery", your mother in law must be a saint!

Love those shoes! And I love your new bathroom. That's a project we want done but don't want to do. Some day....

Lauren in GA said...

I loved seeing all of this! You are looking fabulous!

Yay, for your daughter...she looks so cute while mowing the lawn. What a great mother in law, too! I understand not wanting to take a picture of the boys' bathroom. I have 3 sons...I feel a connection to you :)

I hope you are feeling well and pain free :)

Philip and Melissa said...

Are you sure you didn't clean before taking all those pics? it's all so picture perfect...kids playing and loving each other, daughter mowing the lawn, you looking pretty....loved the post!

Ilene said...

My dad let me mow the lawn ONCE when I was a teenager. Then he gave up. Megan is super impressive.

What a fun bathtub! Love the little tiles.

Tonya said...

You are funny! I love that you let Megan mow the lawn. Rylie does it at our house for 1.00( and another dollar if she does the back). The rule is no mohawks...must overlap...or no 1.00. She does great. The tile looks fabulous and the leopard print is very chic!

Rosemary said...

Wow, I'm impressed. And you just had surgery? Love the shoes. i like flat shoes too. I like to keep my ankles in one piece.

Just Only Me said...

Those tiles are pretty snazzy! And I'm coming over to your house, your fridge looks more yummy than mine.

Jake said...

I'm so glad you introduced yourself. It really IS a small world. Hope you guys come to the reunion!

Your home and family are beautiful. I will be back...

Scott-n-Allison said...

Send your hubby to retile our bathroom...it looks great!

It's always a treat to see into the McOmber house.

You are so cute!

Tami said...

Thanks for insider view of the McOmber home! Maybe I'll take you up on your tag when I get back in August. The first thing I thought of was how HUGE your fridge looks... ours is the size of a breadbox. And the dream vacation for us will be BOISE!!!

Melissa said...

okay, please tell me that you cleaned like crazy before you took your pictures... You are going to make me feel bad and unclean! :)

Melissa-Mc said...

I just have to say I PROMISE I didn't clean before hand. My mother-in-law was here and she totally cleans the house on Fridays. It just so happens that on Saturday I read about the tag.

If I had taken the pix THIS week, you all would have felt like the cleanest people in the world.

Jen said...

That's no "Keeping it Real"--that's "Read it and Weep"!

Trooper Thorn said...

Holy smokes that is a clean toilet. Do your kids just go outside?