Monday, June 2, 2008

I ♥ Family Home Evening

I ♥ Family Home Evening. I mean I LOVE it! We always have such a great time together. My children are always very excited about having it every Monday night. Tonight Megan gave a great lesson from "The Strength of Youth" pamphlet. Then it was time for the activity.

Do you remember playing the game "Heads Up 7-Up" when you were younger? Well because we only had 8 people, we played "Heads Up 4-Up." Now, just as a reminder. Four people close their eyes and stick out their thumbs. The other 4 people each choose someone's thumb to touch. Then they open their eyes, and each person has to guess which one of the 4 people touched them. It is suppose to be very secret. Usually you don't want people guessing it is you.

Well, here is how playing this game with a 3-year-old goes. Pay special attention to Addison. He is wearing the red and blue striped shirt. Oh, and yeah, he's also wearing a pair of jeans and then Bob the Builder overalls over his jeans :)

So maybe it was a little hard to be secretive the first time. Let's try again.

Oh well. I can't wait until next Monday to see what treat we have in store.

19 comments:

Bridget said...

That was the BEST elementary school game ever! That was really cute.

Tonight we played the game you always play in primary where someone tries to find the thing everyone else hid and you sing louder as they get closer to it. We looked or a plastic sword as we just talked about the story of Ammon defending King Lamoni's sheep. Great tie in, I know. :)

Melinda said...

That Addison is just a cutie. He just couldn't wait to tell them that He PICKED THEM!!!

We played "button, button who's got the button" with gma and gpa last week. Luke and Megan were hilarious in the same kind of way as Addison. We couldn't stop laughing!!!

jessica said...

That Addison cracks me up! And your daughter is such a good sport.

I'm not feeling a whole lotta love for FHE right now.

I ended my lesson after only five minutes into it because my kids couldn't sit still to save their lives and Aric was even more obnoxious than the kids! So much for getting them excited about going to the temple this weekend when my friend gets married...

At least I get an A for effort right?

We'll see what next week has in store...

Tami said...

No wonder FHE is a hit at your house!! So fun!

Debbie said...

That was so cute! What energy he has.

Becky said...

too funny, Dave and I are sitting here laughing! good family fun, can't beat it!

Lindsey said...

Ha HA! Thanks for coming out on my blog Melissa, and defending the lurkers.. It is just funny. I have just gone from about 20 a day, to 50.. but it is still the same old same old people who comment.. I just thought I would call 'em out. No harm done. :) There are still people who aren't playing my game though.. it makes me chuckle.

Shauna said...

So cute. I love FHE too. We'll have to play Heads up 7 up next week.

Tonya said...

I loved that game as a kid! We played "Zip, Zap, Zop" and "Telephone" for FHE. My hubby is in Holland, and my neighbors hubby is in Vietnam, so we did dinner and FHE together. So much fun:0) Addison is a crack up. It was fun to watch you playing together!

Jesse said...

What is cute is that Chase was doing what Addison did too. Just harder to understand him...

Granny said...

I love FHE too! That was so fun to see your family enjoy each other. What's that game we always play at our reunions and David is always it?

Scott-n-Allison said...

Very Cute...gotta love the kids. It's what makes the whole thing worth it! We talked about the new first presidency...my kids are obsessed with President Uchtdorf because they love to say his name.

You have a great family.

Jesse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jesse said...

Big Booty - I meant Big Booty

Ilene said...

Ah, back in SoCal, you would play that game in your class when it rained because there is no such thing as a covered playground or a big enough gym for lunch or recess. The poor teachers probably hated rainy days.

Hey, my mom left yesterday. We will have to get together and watch some sappy movie and eat lots of bad things for us.

Philip and Melissa said...

Dang, I wanna come next time!

mahina said...

i loved playing that game on rainy days in elementary school! it was always so fun to touch the thumb of the boy that i had a crush on at the moment.

that addison is so funny!!

Lauren in GA said...

That was so cute!!!!!!

He is just an honest and forthcoming child ;)

You have such a great little family!

Teresa said...

I loved that!! Too cute how he would immediately tell whoever he picked that he did it. haha! You guys look like you have so much fun;-)