Here is the post about Megan and Jesse’s trip to DC. They had a great time, and Megan did a great job in her NHD competition! The competition was held at the University of Maryland, which just happens to be where Jim Henson went to college. They had a whole museum dedicated to him. How’s that for coincidence? When Megan began this process, she had know idea this is where the competition would be held, nor that she would be competing in Nationals. At the end of this month she will do a workshop for students here in Boise and perform her presentation to teach them how prepare a successful NHD performance. She even gets paid for it.
Get ready for LOADS of pictures. And these 2 are posers, for sure: I decided to show them in chronological order.
On the airplane from Boise to Chicago
Layover in Chicago
In the hotel
Eating Out
University of Maryland (where she competed)
Kertle the Frog (U of M’s mascot is a turtle, so them combined them)
Megan and Kermit with Jim and Kermit
Jim Henson, Kermit, and Megan
Braving the Metro
The Smithsonian!
Inaugural dresses of the First Ladies \
Ruby slippers used in the movie
Megan with Kermit again
Jesse with Oscar the Grouch
Washington’s Monument
Megan holding Washington’s Monument
World War II Memorial with our good friends, the Eliasons
Megan at the White House
The Capitol Building
Ford’s Theater, where Abraham Lincoln was shot
The house where Abraham Lincoln died
Old Alexandria
Their favorite window display, so clean and simple :)
Wow!!! They were able to pack in A LOT of sightseeing in just a few short days. She is a wonderful daughter. He is a wonderful father. I am so glad they were able to have such a wonderful trip together.



22 comments:
The only time I went to DC it was so hot and muggy that I'm sure I didn't enjoy it the way I should have...too busy complaining! It looks like they had SOOO much fun!
Where did you find a Kermit? My neighbor and I were looking for one and couldn't find them anywhere!
I love the pictures. What a beautiful daughter you have. She is so full of personality and it comes through on the camera.
It looks like this trip will be a time they will laugh about and cherish for a long time.
i LOVE the pictures...they both are great at posing for pics and some of their expressions...so fun! Your daughter is a younger Melissa...really beautiful.
What a fun daddy daughter trip. Megan is a beauty!
Is she Jesse's daughter or what?! I love how she is the exact likeness of Jesse while being the perfect mini-YOU.
Jason, the lady behind them on the airplane is my blog's biggest fan. She reads it (and the comments) on a daily basis.
I had to laugh at the drama faces in all the photos! Too funny. It looks like they had so much fun and saw a lot of cool things. How great for Megan to be able to take a trip with her dad. It will make a special memory for her.
LOVE the pictures. (We do a lot of self-portraits around here too. I'm a fan.) I want to go to WA DC so badly. Jesse is such a great dad. I bet half the people didn't even realize that he was her father. What a fun trip. You must be so proud of Megan.
does the girl ever close her mouth? :) so much fun, so little time!
That is so, so, cool that the competition was at the University of Maryland where Jim Henson went to college! It was like the whole campus was waiting for your Megan!
I love all of the pictures! She will always remember that special time with her Dad, too. She is such a beautiful girl...inside and out. That smile of hers is a million watts.
You make me laugh, "Their favorite window display, so clean and simple." ☺
what a great trip for daddy and daughter! they look like they had a blast! i love all of the self-portraits! she is simply beautiful and so grown up!
Honestly, not that I want to wish away my kid's childhood- but I can't wait to be able to do stuff like that with them! It looks so fun. I LOVE D.C. :)
what a fun trip and what a fun dad!
The whole thing is so cool! Megan and Jesse are so adorable. I love all of the pictures. What I would have given to have a dad like that...What a FABULOUS experience!
What a wonderful trip, I'm so jealous that she's seen the REAL ruby slippers!
You weren't kidding when you said they were posers- I love all of the self shots - jesse has not changed a bit has he?
What a great trip for them to go on together!
What a fun, fun trip and so neat that they got to go together! She looks SO MUCH like you!!!
It looked like they had such a wonderful time! Such cute pics!
How are you doing?
Those pictures make me laugh. Those two don't strike me as the timid type.
Can you please tell me how to raise a lovely young girl like Megan? She really is wonderful.
It DOES look like a wonderful trip. Great pictures. What is an NHD competition?
Post a Comment