Friday, June 26, 2009

9 Years Ago

 

 

image 

             

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Braden.  We love you!

image

 

 

PS  Megan had a great time at National History Day.  No one from Idaho made it to the final rounds, but it was a wonderful and exciting experience for her.  Lots of pictures coming later.

17 comments:

Grace said...

Braden is 9!! I can't believe it! He is looking more grown up than ever. Isn't it amazing what we go through as Mom's too help out our kids..just to even get them here

Melinda said...

That WOULD be a scary delivery. and 7 pound "preemie", those two usually don't go together.

Happy birthday Braden!

Rosemary said...

Happy Birthday to Braden!! Seven Pounds! God is good! At first I hadn't noticed the "nine years ago" title and was getting really scared. Then I saw it and thought "cool!" Everything's obviously OK!!! Enjoy the birthday!

mahina said...

wow! is he really that old already? crazy? it's funny how when a family moves away the kids never age in my mind!

happy b-day, braden!

Just Only Me said...

Hive fives to the Birthday Boy!

I saw a couple of your family members the other day walking from playing in the ditch, they were icicles! Shivering and walking home, I would have offered them hot chocolate; but it's all packed!

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday to Braden! What an entry into the world! I've been wondering about Megan. What a great time. Can't wait to hear the details.

Philip and Melissa said...

Wow, I'm so glad you're both here with us....happy birthday to a sweet kid!

Lauren in GA said...

You wrote about all of it so beautifully. It really was poetic.

Happy Birthday to your wonderful Braden. He is so handsome. I always think to myself, "Man, she has got some great looking kids!"

This post gives me so much hope. I look at your healthy, strong, "preemie" and feel very peaceful.

Darilyn said...

What a cute kid. You are one lucky mama.

Heather said...

What A cute boy and you know you'd do it all over again! Pain and all!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Happy Birthday Braden! Wow - what a pregnancy and delivery. I'm so glad you both made it through safely. What mom's go through to get their children into this world!!

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Braden! I am excited to hear about Megan's experience.

jessica said...

THREE MONTHS of bedrest! Good heavens that is a long time! I'm so glad you and Braden made it safe and sound. Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

Tami said...

Three months of bedrest? Well, then, you must have been well rested by the time he got here, right? (We only WISH it worked that way, huh!) Happy Birthday to Braden!

Lyndsie Miles said...

9 years seems so long... until you see a little one reach that age.

7 pounds at 36 weeks! I think your due date was off. =)

Happy Birthday Braden!

(I love that name... I've always wanted to name a boy Braden... but my hubby won't let me).

Lindsey said...

Good to see you posting Melissa! :) Happy Birthday to a BIG PREEMIE!

Lauren in GA said...

Melissa,
I got your sweet message! You are such a sweetheart. Our little John is progressing. I keep meaning to put a big update on my blog but can't seem to find the time. He is still struggling to breathe on his own but has gained weight nicely. He had a little, "setback", as the doctors called it where his sweet little body started rejecting his feedings, but he is over his setback and is feeding really well, now. You are amazing and oh, my goodness, so is your Mom!!! My goal is to post soon...thank you for you sweet message of encouragement and concern for our, "Little John".