Monday, February 2, 2009

Strongest Boy in the World

Chase is the strongest 2-year-old in the world.  No, I’m totally serious.  The nurses even told me, so it must be true.  Today I took him back to the doctor for his stitches removal from his accident last week (see previous post).  We calmly sat in the waiting room, where he had no idea what was about to happen.  The nurse called us back and he began crying and running away.  Then we took him into the same room he’d gotten his stitches in.  Imagine SCREAMING like unto WEEPING, WAILING & GNASHING OF TEETH.

Of course we tried to explain that this was going to be so much easier and wouldn’t hurt as bad.  He didn’t believe us.  So we all went into another room so hopefully he would calm down. 

1st try:

I cradle Chase in my arms.  The nurse tries to loosen the stitches multiple times before she cuts them.  He pops up screaming. 

2nd try:

We then lay him on the table and have me hold him.  We gave it several tries.  He was too strong.  We couldn’t hold his legs, arms, torso and head and remove stitches at the same time. 

3rd try:

We then brought in another nurse.  We tried again.  One holding his legs, one holding his hands and he other holding his head, and we couldn’t keep him still. 

4th try:

So the nurses brought out the dreaded papoose.  If I thought he’d been angry before, he was even angrier now.  All four of us tried to get him into the papoose.  After 3 attempts, 3 adult women were not strong enough to strap him down.

5th try:

They had me cradle him in my arms again.  I held him firm while they held his arms, legs and head.  She was able to get the stitches out quickly from there.

I think I know what his future career will be:

strongboy

either that or a fashion designer.  Look at his style!

And for the good news…

DRUMROLL please

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Chase has potty-trained himself!  I have 4 boys and he is the only one who mastered this at 2 years of age.  I have not changed a diaper in over 3 weeks.

IMG_1326

and he initiated the process all on his own.

I’m having an identity crisis.  No diapers?  What will we do with all the extra money…?

Hey, how about paying medical bills for stitches :)

PS  Does anyone know how to get spacing in between paragraphs?  I use Live Writer, and the draft I type has perfect spacing between paragraphs, but when I publish it they’re all smooshed together???

 

 

 

17 comments:

Darilyn said...

Oh my heck he is so cute! I can't believe he is that strong that three of you could not hold him down. That's crazy! I'm glad you were finally able to get it done though.

Heather said...

Why is he the best looking 3 year old in Idaho? What a cutie and yeah for you... no more diapers! i still remember your first baby shower and we brought you your first packs of diapers! Crazy how time flies!

Melinda said...

Strong and strong-willed!!!

jessica said...

That is one strong kid! I'm sure he gave the nurses something to talk about at their lunch break.

And I am so happy that he is potty trained, that is something I am not looking forward to with my little guy.

Tonya said...

He really must be the strongest three year old in the world. That is so funny! Actually, it probably wasn't at the time, but it makes for a great blog post! Is he whistling on the toilet?

Shauna said...

No more diapers, I am so jealous. That is one strong 3 year old and what a cute one too.

♥Shally said...

It's like getting a second job when you don't have to pay for diapers!! We seriously celebrated when the twins no longer needed them!!

Becky said...

ya, i think you need to keep the diaper fund and label it "boy injuries"
sorry, don't use live writer so I can be of no assistance to you on your perfect layout problem.

Granny said...

I know he will use all of that strength for furthering the cause~

Tami said...

Congrats on no diapers! That's a HUGE milestone in life. Now you have adorable AND potty trained. Woohoo!

I don't post with live writer but I can tell you that if you use 'edit html' mode instead of 'compose' mode from blogger you have lots more comtrol with spaces, etc. Just thought I'd throw that in there...

Lyndsie Miles said...

He must be super strong! Glad the he's healed!
So, are you telling me that potty training can be easy or easier? What a good boy!

Rohan Shearer said...

Funny picture. With Jesse's physical strength its no wonder who he takes after!

Katherine said...

I can't believe that that sweet little face put up such a fight at the Dr.'s office. He is so cute. The picture of him reading his book kills me.

Lauren in GA said...

I know mine smoosh together, too and I use blogger.

sometimes I leave a little period between the lines so that there will be a space.

.


hopefully, then it isn't too noticable...

He really is the strongest boy in the world!!! He is so cute, too...and I love his fashion sense. I have pictures of all of my boys in shorts and cowboy boots at some point in their lives ;)

Whoa!! None of my boys have ever potty trained that early! He is amazing!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Wow - the boy's got a strong will AND strong muscles! Hooray to him for potty training. I'm sure it makes life much easier. Now you just get to clean out his little potty but I guess that beats dirty diapers.

Ilene said...

That's it. I am sending Thomas to your house. He needs potty training motivation. Jackson's example is entirely uninspiring to him.

Philip and Melissa said...

Daaaaaaaang, my boy Chase did it himself eh? That's usually not regular for boys....he is not only strong, but totally brilliant :-) miss you guys.