Sunday, October 19, 2008

Killing Two Tags with One Post

I have been tagged recently and decided to combine 2 tags together.



#1 Photo Tag



I was tagged by my friend, Siouxsie. The rules of the game: Go to your pictures folder and take the fourth picture from the fourth file and post it, whatever it is.





I wasn't sure what I was going to get, but this picture made me so happy. It is a picture of Chase when he was about 1 month old. How they don't suffer from neck and back aches is beyond me. I always tried so hard to have my babies well supported and comfy, but they invariably ended up taking this position.

#2 Six Things Tag

My cousin, Shauna, tagged me on this one. List 6 things about yourself then pass it off to 6 other bloggers.

Random facts:

1. I have lived in Utah, Oregon, North Carolina, Washington, Texas, Dominican Republic, South Carolina, China, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Idaho.

2. Jesse and I are 11th cousins once removed (I think I've shared this before). My father and my husband are 11th cousins. My children and I are 12th cousins.

3. From the previous point, you may have figured out that I LOVE family history. To me it is like a big puzzle. You search various records with little bits of information, put it all together, and can figure out where you came from.

4. I love mysteries. I love puzzles. I love logic problems. I love numbers. I love math. I can never just sit and watch TV. I have to be solving riddles, logic problems, math puzzles, etc, etc. I got my degree in Statistics and Math.

5. I have not worn earrings for almost 4 years.

6. I like to make lists. I feel stressed and unorganized unless I have a list I am working on. Every morning after I study my scriptures I make my list for the day. I also have a project list, organizing-the-house-list, weekly and monthly lists, gift lists, and the LIST goes on. Oh the JOY of crossing things off!

I tag my Boise friends if they wish to participate in either of these tags. I think it would be fun to learn things not everyone knows about them and am interested to see what photos they come up with.

16 comments:

Shauna said...

Fun to read more about you and that picture is so sweet. I miss the tiny baby stage. I remember you telling me that you like math and being so shocked, probably because I dislike it so much.

Siouxsie said...

Those were fun to read and boy, is that a cute baby! So was Chase like 2 lbs when he was born or something? That looks like a really tiny baby...and, as I said before, really cute.

Heather said...

Melissa - You and I are list Queens! Bart even knows that if he wants me to do something for him, it better be added to my list!

You and Jesse lived in China? Also, 11th cousins? Funny!!!

Melinda said...

lucky to find such a cute picture at the designated place in your pic files. Such a cute little guy.....even today......he makes me smile.

Lauren in GA said...

I love the picture you posted. It is amazing how quickly they grow :)

I love the Things you listed, too. So...you and your hubby are kissin' cousins, huh? Just kiddin'! I betcha people would be surprised if they did their family history who they are related to in some way ☺

I like to make lists, too...I am obsessed with sticky notes and make my lists and stick them on the fridge. My family teases me about my sticky note addiction.

Lyndsie Miles said...

I love family history as well! And OH I AM A LIST PERSON!!! I would be lost without lists!

jessica said...

Four years without earrings!!!? WOW I'm a list girl too. I have post its everywhere...

So fun to learn more about you:)

Granny said...

I just love you Melissa. It is so fun to read these things about you. ANd we must get together with our family history stuff!!Thanks for the post.

Jake said...

I hate puzzles, hate logic, hate numbers, hated statistics! Where were you back in college when I needed you?!!!

Ilene said...

I need you to come over and help me figure out my budget.

That is math that I just can't get my head around.

The sad thing is that I even bought software to make it easy for me to figure out...

Katherine said...

I didn't know that you and Jesse were related. The picture of Chase is so cute. I have to sleep with my neck and back in almost perfect alignment now or I wake up with a headache. Oh to be young again.
I remember your love for numbers. Weren't you one of the few girls in many of your stats/math classes? I remember you having to help guys with their homework. :)
I too love lists---but I sometimes overwhelm myself with them. I love to make the lists and I love to check things off, but I always have stuff left that I didn't get done---and it really bugs the perfectionist in me. :)

Just Only Me said...

That's a great post! I love making lists too, however I get too distracted by doing other things "really fast" as I'm trying to cross things off my list; that I eventually don't even complete one. Cute picture of Chase, he's a teeny sweet miracle.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE lists too!!!

Tami said...

I could just stare at that adorable picture of Chase for hours! There is nothing like a newborn!!

Tonya said...

Fun to read! I need to make more lists. I just try to ingrain it in my brain and it doesn't work so well. Hmmm...a thought.

Bridget said...

I love lists too but once I had kids I kind of stopped looking at them.