Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Addison!

Our Miracle Addison

Addison’s turned 4 on October 13th! I can hardly believe it.

Every birth of a baby is a miracle. Here is Addison’s story.

Miracle 1
Addison was a long time coming. Quick summary: We suddenly ran into fertility issues. While grateful for our 3 sweet ones, fertility treatments can take its toll. After 2 years of frustration, 1 year of major hormonal manipulation, 3 miscarriages, total craziness on my part (due to the major hormonal manipulation), and finally giving up, I had a routine blood test and it was found that I was pregnant.

Miracle 2
Because of my previous miscarriages, they wanted to take my blood every few days to make sure my numbers were rising appropriately. After a few days, I received a call from my doctor telling me my numbers should have more than doubled, and that they were not rising at all. He told me that I was probably in the process of miscarrying and to just hang tight.

Each day I just kept waiting for it to happen...and waiting. Finally the next week I went to have an ultrasound to see what was going on which showed healthy sac. I went the next week for an ultrasound, and saw a strong heartbeat.

I should point out that I KNEW he was a girl. 100% knew :)

Miracle 3
He was due on October 16th. On the morning of October 13th I felt pretty funky and told my children as they were leaving for school, “I’ll be really surprised if I am still here when you get back.” A few hours later, he was born. We had “added a son” and called him Addison.

As soon as he was born, my doctor pointed out the huge knot that was in his cord. I realized what a miracle it was that he was born healthy, that it hadn’t tightened. I had no idea that there had been a knot in the umbilical cord.

How many miracles are happening around me, that I’m not even aware of???
It makes me always want to be grateful.

Addison, you are a miracle and we are SO grateful you are a part of our eternal family.

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY!

13 comments:

Shauna said...

What a cute little miracle boy. The bottom left picture of him is so adorable.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday cute boy! I LOVE the name Addison for a boy - does he come with a nickname?

Lyndsie Miles said...

Happy Birthday to Addison! What a story to tell! I'm so glad you shared it with us!
He is a cute little guy!

Darilyn said...

I love the add a son "addison" so cute!

Scott-n-Allison said...

Wow...times goes by way too fast. What a cute guy!

Just Only Me said...

I LOVE your stories. Happy Birthday to your adorable guy!

Katherine said...

He IS a miracle! More than once too! Reading about him and his birth is so inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing. Happy Birthday Addison!

Siouxsie said...

I had no idea you guys had such an "interesting" time getting him to join your family. Good thing he came out so awesome, eh? He really is so cute and seems like such an interesting little fella'. Great party idea, too.

jessica said...

I totally love how he got his name!
What an adorable miracle...Happy Birthday Addison!

MaryandDan said...

He is a darling little miracle boy. I remember the day he was born! Can't believe he is already 4. Fun for him to know that he was really meant to be in your family!

Granny said...

Oh Melissa, Addison is so cute. We just have to get together before your kids get all grown up. Happy Birthday, Addison!!

Lauren in GA said...

I love how he got his name :) What an amazing series of miracles for that sweet boy to join your family!!!!! Thank you for sharing his amazing story! Wow!

Ilene said...

Love the story of Addison.

My favorite thing about the guy is his ability to match Jackson's enthusiasm for playing Star Wars hours on end.