Saturday, July 19, 2008

Braden's Baptism

We started with a wonderful family reunion on Jesse's side of the family.  It was here in Boise and we had 30 people staying in our home .  It was REALLY fun!  I got some good sleep, but I don't think any of the cousins did.  We went swimming, floated the Boise River, floated the DeMeyer Ditch, went to a movie, and celebrated the 4th of July.  Jesse's sister had gathered patriarchal blessings from deceased ancestors and we were presented with those.  It all ended with Braden's baptism.

 

braebaptism

The baptism of course was wonderful.  Jesse and his sister sung "I Like to Look for Rainbows."  During the song sweet Braden was crying.  When Jesse sat down he said, "That was so beautiful."

IMG_1282

He looked absolutely angelic at his confirmation.

IMG_1285

IMG_1283

IMG_1291IMG_1289

A big thank you to all our extended families for making all of this such a special event. 

Braden, we are so happy you made this important decision!

16 comments:

Tami said...

Congratulations to Braden! This is such a huge step in a young person's life, a memory they'll cherish their whole life. Glad that he'll have so many good things to remember, surrounded by wonderful family. :)

Ilene said...

Look how spiritual he is in those pictures.

I'm sure he is ALWAYS such an angel.

I think you are angel for hosting 30 people at your house!

Congrats on having another kid make it through such a major milestone!

Bridget said...

I love those announcements, so cute. Congrats to Braden!

Siouxsie said...

Okay, I can't believe little baby Braden is getting baptized! It sounds like it was a fantastic experience. What fun to have family there and have such a visit on top of it all. Congratulations on an important step, Braden!!

jessica said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I love that you were able to get those patriarchal blessings. That is so neat!

Braeden's baptism announcement is such a great idea, I've never seen that before. He looks so sweet! I can't wait for Maya's baptism next month.

Becky said...

congrats Braden! Sorry I couldn't make it over! Your families are so wonderful, it makes gettogethers so fun!

Katherine said...

I've been hoping you would blog about the baptism. It sounds like you had a great time with all of the family. Did your parents and brothers come too? What a great-looking family ---and sweet sweet Braden. You must be so happy. Congratulations Braden!
I saw that you found and commented on Kat's blog---that made me so happy!!

Melinda said...

congratulations Braden. NOw that you're baptized you'll have a stronger desire to sing loud in primary. I"ll be listening for you.!

Scott-n-Allison said...

What a WONDERFUL family you have.

We are so excited that Braden got baptized. I'm amazed at how much they feel the spirit at those meetings. It's just the beginning of having the Holy Ghost with them always...and that is such a blessing for our little ones!

mahina said...

i just have to say that you have such a great looking family! i cannot believe how tall megan is! she's going to pass you up any day! and your boys are adorable and you are beautiful!

congrats to braden! can he really be that old??!

Just Only Me said...

Floating the ditch was a favorite childhood memory of mine also! Congratulations to Braden, he looks so handsome.

Lauren in GA said...

That is so sweet...how he cried when they sang. He is a really special young man. Such a good boy :)

Wow! That is a lot of fun people to have around! Amazing and action packed :D

Philip and Melissa said...

Congratulations Braden! What a good boy you are!

Hailey Vial said...

That's a great kid you got there. You look terrific too!

Rohan Shearer said...

Congratulations Braden! What an exciting day and wonderful parents you have.

Tonya said...

Your family picture is so beautiful! Congrats to Braden.... we will be doing the same thing on Saturday with Sophia! Can you believe how big our babies are getting???