Sunday, March 23, 2008

What the Hail?

Has anyone taken note of this funky winter weather? From what I hear it is going on all over the world. It has been the coldest winter I can remember with the most snow and record low temperatures. Last week the children were enjoying the beautiful day, so excited that we were finally starting to have some spring weather.

Less than a few hours later, while still enjoying the spring weather, we were surprised with this:



A giant-sized hailstorm! The kids said that it was worth the cold and the pain of the pelting hailstones to experience this freak of nature. Now that Easter has come and gone, I am ready for Spring.

7 comments:

Tami said...

Melissa, your blog title made me laugh out loud!! Great sequence of photos, jumping in sun and then jumping in all that hail. Weird weather. Glad the kids enjoyed it!

Melinda said...

Yeah, I agree, you have great choice of words.
We missed hail, huh? 75 degrees down here.
happy travels to you this week.

Becky said...

you shock me with your crudeness! I never would have expected such language from the daughter of a member of the 5th quorum of the seventies.

yup, hating cold right now- thanks for rubbing it in our faces melinda!

Bridget said...

That is so funny. Hail always seems so freaky to me. Those pics are great.

Becca said...

Holy Hail!!!

Darilyn said...

Melissa, I of course remember you and thanks for stopping by my blog. We just missed being in the same ward together though, huh? I think we moved in right after you moved out. Now that I know you have a blog I will add you to my blog feed so I get all your updates.

And yes, the weather has been really crazy this year. A lot of people got snow on Easter Sunday!

Becca B said...

looks like i missed out on some fun weather! Utah wasnt much warmer!