
Some of you may know that we've had some big decisions to make this past month. One of them was whether or not to move to San Antonio, Texas. Jesse met some people at a conference in January. They were very interested in having him work for them. In February he went down for an interview. They really liked him, so they flew both of us down the next week. We even went house hunting.
Several things about Texas were enticing to us. The company was great. The offer was generous. We have good friends who live there. On the other hand, the thought of trying to sell a house in this market and saying good bye to our Boise friends made my heart wrench.
When Jesse and I got married, we promised the Lord that we would live anywhere that he wanted us to live. For us that has been moving around a lot. We have moved 15 times in our marriage. We have lived in Utah, South Carolina, China, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Oregon and now Idaho. So regarding Texas, although I was so happy in Boise and not looking to move, if it is what the Lord wanted, then we would go willingly.
We did much prayer, fasting and studying. This was our criteria for making our decision:
1. What does the Lord want us to do?
If it didn't matter to Him and we could do well in either Boise or San Antonio, then:
2. What is ultimately best for our children in the long term?
If they would thrive in either place then:
3. What is most beneficial financially?
As we studied it out, we really felt strongly that we were to stay in Boise. So we officially made the decision and took it to the Lord in prayer. Our answer was confirmed by the Holy Ghost. I am grateful for divine intervention in making these huge life-changing decisions. Now we can go forward with confidence and faith. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers.
So, Boise...it looks like we still have much to learn from all you wonderful people. I hope we can have a positive influence on you as well.
10 comments:
Man, I thought you were about to tell us that you were moving!!!! You had me on the edge of my seat...talk about suspense!!!!!!
Phew. Glad you got that figured out. Moving is such a stress. Nice to know you don't have to go through it now.
and we are soooo glad you are staying, I hope you are slow learners!
When i saw that post i thought you had changed your mind! i'm so glad your staying i was about to start boo hooing.
that was a huge decision! i hate those life changing decisions! looks like you went about it the best way possible!
when i told mitch that you were in san antonio awhile ago he said, "well, isn't the timing about right for them to move again?"
well, we will be needing to make one of the same sorts of decisions soon! wish us luck!
Now I'm all depressed. I was getting so excited that you might move to the great land of Texas, but no...
Just kidding! Well, not really. I do think it's best to be where the Lord wants you to be and it sounds like you are doing that. It would've been so neat to be able to see you when we went to San Antonio to visit our sister!
I just found your blog, by the way. How fun!! It's exciting you have one. Now I can spy on your more properly;-)
Thanks for sharing this. A great testimony of prayer.
Your title about gave me a heart attack!! I had to skim quickly to the last paragraph to see how it ended before actually reading your message. Grateful you are staying!
I thought I knew your decision, until I saw your blog post. I also thought that maybe you had changed your mind.
Happy you didn't.
There's no place like home! There's no place like home!
Tough decisions though! You took your case to the right person though. Now you'll never have to wonder or regret that maybe you made the wrong choice. That Holy Ghost is a pretty amazing companion:0)
Post a Comment