It turned out to be $2.47 (with tax) for 7 boxes of cereal. That is about 35 cents a box. But...you had to buy them 7 at a time in separate transactions. So I bought 49 boxes. I'd pretty much cleaned them out so then I went to another Albertson's, where I bought 49 more. I had told my husband about it earlier, and unknown to me, he stopped at Albertson's and came home with 42 boxes of cereal. I was able to get a good mix of healthy cereals as well.
So for about $40 I got 140 boxes of cereal. When my kids came home from school, in there hyper state of glee, they decided to make a pyramid.
I have to say, I feel great. Food storage at a deal.
Oh, and Bridget, after your post I checked the sugar content. All boxes have less than 12 grams of sugar, and most of them have less than 10.
SCORE!
15 comments:
Cereal is my love past 9pm...I totally would've been right there with your kids being just as excited!!!!
That's awesome...and a very nice pyramid build on the kids' part. ;-)
That is amazing. I love good finds like that. Is that sale still going on?
Has anyone ever told you you're sick? hehe! Just kidding. That's really quite amusing! And what an awesome deal! I especially liked the pyramid.
I thought Becky was bad. But didnt' you out buy her? CRAZY but smart.
what the deal only in your town? i want to go buy some! our family is th esame way. whenever asked what they want for dinner, 9 times out of 10 they say "cereal!" and every night before mitch goes to bed he eats a bowl of cereal!
As far as I know the sale goes through tomorrow. I don't know if it locally in Boise or nationwide. The sale is on certain brands of Kellogg's cereal.
What a great deal! Yay for you! I LOVE cereal too and I probably would have bought up the store also. That's great you checked the labels and they're not so bad. :)
hey, they have more! just until tomorrow, but you have to pay 54 cents now! good job
Holy cow! That is a lot of Cereal! I would be in heaven. If only my family would like it for dinner more often! That's what I lived on in college. Ben just doesn't agree that it is a meal!
We would have loved it if you had moved to San Antonio. If it ever is an option in the future, be sure to call us! Wish we had known you were in town...perhaps it would have influenced your decision?!?
The River Walkers
Cereal heaven!! :)
140 boxes of cereal! YIKES. That should last a little while. I wish I had an albertons so that I could score like that.
I used to be a no sugar cereal Mom until I bought a dollar box of Reese's Puffs so my kids would think I was cool. Now I am addicted! Somehow I gag at Honey Bunches of Oats now. I guess that's not such an insane weakness. Way to score Melissa:0)
Wow. That is impressive. Equally impressive is that you admit that you feed your kids only sugared stuff. Most moms totally lie about that. Not me, bring on the Trix!
Post a Comment