Friday, January 4, 2013

October 2012

Busyness
October is by far the craziest month of all in my world.  With 5 in sports, 4 in the family with birthdays, Halloween, recitals, parties, and everything else, it can be a little chaotic.

With the craziness, my mom comes every October and spends the entire month at our home.  It is bliss.  I once asked Megan what her favorite month was.  She quickly replied, "October."  I assumed it was because it was her birthday, but she quickly added, "Becuase Grandma is with us."

My mom seriously keeps me sane.  Jesse has started traveling every other week to Denver, so she helps with all the carpooling and kid stuff.  Since I cannot clone myself, it is just wonderful having her here.

Birthdays
I had a birthday.  For my birthday, my  mom took me for a whirlwind trip to Cedar City to the Shakespeare Festival where we saw "Stones in His Pockets" and "Hamlet."  It was Fast and Furious and Fun!

Addison turned 8 (baptism post will be in November).  He just seems to get sweeter as he ages.

Jesse had a birthday.  Poor thing had to celebrate it all alone while he was in Denver on business.

Megan turned 17...a big reminder that time is marching...a little too fast!  When it comes time for her to go to college, I'm warning everyone I may need therapy :)





Parties
With 4 birthdays, came 4 birthday parties.  My mom took us out to dinner each time to our restaurant of choice.

We had Class Halloween parties in Elementary School, and then Hunter also had a Halloween Party.  All his friends got free reign of our costume box to dress up to go trick or treating...3 days early.  It was hilarious.  This is what they came up with:





Halloween




My 2 little hobos

 
Halloween:  Gangham Style!
 
 

 
 
Football Player
 



Cowboy


Cowgirl



Robert the Bruce



Lumberjacks




October 2012 was a memorable month!
 

3 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

You look very cute, Kermit :)

That is neat that your mom comes for a month!

I can understand why you will need therapy when Megan leaves. She seems like a true gem :)

jessica said...

I love that your mom comes for the whole month! I love that you have that kind of relationship with your mom...sadly I think that would be the worst thing for me and my mom :) And that Megan is so your mini me it is crazy!

Tami said...

Made me tired just reading it all! But that kind of crazy busy also makes us so happy. What's wrong with us? I want to be a mom like your mom!!

PS. Love seeing your twinkling eyes over the top of the piano in primary! :)