Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Put on your game face...

We have had two big competition events at our house in the last seven days.
The first was Braden's biggest gymnastics meet so far. He took 3rd for his age group...
GO BRADEN!






If I can figure out how to load a video...I will.



The 2nd big event was at FHE last night. For our activity we played Disney Pictionary. The final "draw" off was between Addison and Chase. The word was smiley face. We started the timer on the DVD and told them to draw. Chase did what many of us do in a stiff competition.......


He panicked. He screamed, "I can't!" He looked towards the TV with the timer and with huge crocodile tears cried, "I can't know how to...look at the timer!"

So we stopped. We had a new word..."snowman". Chase and Addison felt confident they could draw it. As Chase described it, "I can do it. It's just three fat bodies."

With the timer going again, but with new confidence...they did it.





8 comments:

Tonya said...

Go Braden! That is so exciting. Disney Pictionary sounds like fun. I haven't heard of that version before. I love how little kids draw:0) I just found the cutest drawing Eli did of Jesus in our church bag.

Tami said...

How exciting for Braden! Congrats to him! Your disney pictionary story is so endearing...we can all relate. Performing under pressure isn't always easy....even us big people sometimes resort to crocodile tears, huh?!

Jesse, I wanted to tell you about what happened in Ashley and Donny's primary on sunday. One of their little 5-yr-olds was asked to help act out a line in the song I Know that my Savior loves me. Ashley said she could tell that the song really touched his little heart. When he sat down by her he said, "You know the part where the children saw Jesus' tears? That makes MY eyes have tears!" I hope their music leader teaches them that what they feel is the spirit like you do. You do a fantastic job! Thank you!

Melissa-Mc said...

I'd like to thank Jesse for updating the blog. I can't seem to find "blog time" during this current phase of life.

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

haha That's a cute little story. Poor Chase. Too bad I would have done the same thing.

Congrats to Braden on his gymnastics meet!!

jessica said...

Those little drawings are precious!

And congrats to Braden, I love what sports can do for kids. I can't wait to see what C is good at.

Melinda said...

good job Brayden.

Becky said...

that is so awesome! he needs to perform for us some time!

Box Office Bananas said...

Awww, poor Orange. I'm glad he recovered in the re-try!