Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of School

What I miss about summer:

     I am one of those moms that does not want summer to end.  I love being in the outdoors, having my kids home, playing, vacationing, and the  more laid-back lifestyle.  So it was with great pain that I sent my children to school this morning.

Megan & Hunter off to Middle School

 

      nosign  

Picture 001

Picture 002Picture 003

Picture 005

     My children have ceased being embarrassed by me walking them to the bus stop every first day of school.  What can I say?  I am a photographing, blogging mom, and there is nothing they can do about it.

     Braden off to Elementary School:

Picture 006

Picture 007

 

 

 

What I don’t miss about summer ending?

 

     It is 9:00 pm and the house is completely and utterly silent.  The children are in their beds.  Sound asleep.  Which is why I am actually doing a blog post right now.

     Yep, this is what I love about school starting.

19 comments:

Melinda said...

Me too. It was really hard to find the quiet house.......cuz I had to get up super early in the morning. It will be nice to get those nights back.

That pic of all the kids at the bus stop makes we want to force Will to switch!!!

Darilyn said...

Great pictures. It sure is bittersweet.

Ilene said...

Your kids crack me up.

Sent my first kid to kindergarten today. He was not happy about his picure-happy mom.

Chris Miles said...

I was smiling that they even posed for you while getting on the bus! That's awesome! I hope my kids do that!

You hit the nail right on the head... number four has thrown all my OCD tasks out the window. =)

Grace said...

i feel the same way you do Melissa. I hate the end of summer when school starts. I did as a kid and as a parent.
Great pictures you took.

Becky said...

i thought i was not looking forward to school starting and then it did, aaaaaand....I LOVE IT! I hardly know what to do with myself, the options are limitless...do i do laundry, pick up, clean toilets, make dinner....just don't know where to start!

♥Shally said...

My son is still embarrassed by me following him around with the camera all the time! Maybe by the time he is in middle school, he will be used to it. :)

Katherine said...

I had a really hard time sending my kids back to school this year. We didn't have enough summer. Hunter and Nicole are in middle school now. I can hardly believe it. I bet it was nice to have cute Megan be at the same school with Hunter. Your pictures turned out great. I LOVE the quiet time, but yet I'm so lonely for a little buddy to be with.

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Summer never seems to be long enough!

The kids looked so cute. I remember the first day of school very vividly - anxious and excited all at the same time.

Never stop going to the bus stop. They'll look back on their pictures when they're older and be glad that you did. And secretly they love it (even if they don't know that now) because it shows how much you love them. :)

jessica said...

A week from today I will be sending off my kiddos. I feel the same way...sad to see summer end but somehow ready to embrace the structure again.

Your kids are so awesome! I love the pics.

Scott-n-Allison said...

We finally had melt-down last Friday...too many late nights...too much free time...too little structure. I think a school schedule would be good for us...but I hate to give up the freedom!

Box Office Bananas said...

What is that large instrument Hunter is carrying around?

Melissa-Mc said...

Jason, Hunter is going to play the trombone this year :)

Tonya said...

Im dreading next Tuesday when the kids have to go back to school! I too love the laid back life style, but I have no desire to homeschool, so with great sadness I will turn my kids over to the public school system:0) Your kids are so cute! Megan is gorgeous. I am totally impressed that they posed even while getting on the bus. That is impressive.

Box Office Bananas said...

oh, yay! that should be fun :)

Heather said...

I am right there with you as we only have 6 days left until school starts and with it comes carpool, homework and busy busy lives! UGGHHH!!!

Emily said...

Yes, it is true, but shh:) No one in my neck of the woods really knows yet;) I need your email address...I don't have it, although I do have your phone number. Hope you're doing great! I look forward to talking with you soon! emmcclelland@yahoo.com

Lauren in GA said...

Sorry, I haven't commented yet...I was having computer problems and was locked out of blogger...

Anyway, enough about me...

I love that your kids smile nicely for the camera...I have too many pictures of my kids looking at me like, "enough of the camera, lady" before they finally smile.

IrishAngie said...

Cute pictures. I love seeing Braden in the mornings, he's always so cheerful and gives Carter high fives. :) He's a morning guy, eh?