Saturday, May 30, 2009

Braces, Be Gone!

BEFORE:

 

January 2007:

 

 gingerbread house

 

 

DURING:

 

SUMMER 2007:

 

meganontrain 

 

SUMMER 2008:

IMG_1710

 

 

AFTER

 

SPRING 2009:

       braces3

braces4

braces2

 

Megan (or Meglet as I call her), with or without braces, with glasses or without glasses, you are beautiful!  But more important than that, you are smart, happy, and righteous.

26 comments:

Siouxsie said...

I have to tell you that silly face totally looked like you, Melissa! I thought maybe you'd stuck it in there to be funny. You have a beautiful daughter and she appears to be getting even more so every time you post a picture.

Lindsey said...

She went from looking 13 to looking 20! Watch out! THere she goes!

jessica said...

Um....that is one GORGEOUS girl! With or without braces....

She looks just like you!

Darilyn said...

She is beautiful. You are one fortunate mom to have such a special daughter.

Becky said...

not only braces, but makeup! she is beautiful! the silly face was totally YOU!

Grace said...

Melissa Meghan looks SO grown up w/o the braces...she looks more and more like you as well.
Very pretty. I am sure she loves having those things that were stuck to her teeth for so long finally gone!

Shauna said...

She is really a beauty! My son is counting down the days until his come off.

Katherine said...

Could she be any more gorgeous?! She looks just like her mom. SO pretty. How fun to have braces off in her early teens. I feel like it usually comes later for most teenagers. Nicole got her braces off last year and is now wearing a retainer. But we're waiting to see if she has to do another round of braces. Super fun!!

Bridget said...

Gorgeous smile! Can't wait to be done with braces myself. :)

mahina said...

okay, that can't be little megan! she is all grown up! it's so funny how i still picture your kids like they were when you moved away and then i see pictures like these and i am blown away! she is beautiful!!

i had to laugh at what you wrote at the end about her being smart and righteous because i remember you always saying that about nani whenever you told us she was so pretty! you end with "and smart and funny and righteous!you always made a point to keep us focused on the important traits of our children!! haha!

Heather said...

She is one cutie! I can not believe how grown up she looks in those pictures! Now... come all the boys!:0)

Box Office Bananas said...

is that my sister or my niece?! ;)

Tonya said...

Wow, she is gorgeous...looks just like her Momma! I can't believe how much more grown up she looks in the after pics. I love how you keep her centered by reminding her about her inside qualities. You're awesome.

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

She's so beautiful! Like mother like daughter.

Granny said...

I totally thought it was you too!! She is looking so much like you and that is a good thing!

Scott-n-Allison said...

She is SUPER cute!

♥Shally said...

I just can't believe how someone can grow up in 2 years!! Wow!

She looks great!

Melinda said...

Gorgeous smile, Megan!!!!

Just Only Me said...

She's gorgeous! I can't wait to meet her in person.

Ilene said...

As Gilbert Blythe has said, being smart is better than being pretty...

But Megan doesn't have to worry about choosing one or the other. She has both!

She looks way too grown up in those pictures!

MaryandDan said...

Megan looks way too grown up and oh so beautiful. She looks so much like you Melissa.

Rohan Shearer said...

Wow - she is growing up so fast and the braces worked great!

Philip and Melissa said...

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang! She looks AMAZING!!!!!!

Emily said...

Hi Melissa--this is the only way I can think of to get ahold of you. The email that I have that has your number in it will not open for the life of me. We're excited to see you tomorrow. Just know I'm trying to call you...I'm going to try using my phone records next to find you and hopefully, that will work.:) Email me at emmcclelland at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

Lauren in GA said...

She is truly beautiful...and I LOVE what you said about her being, "smart, happy and righteous." She is physically beautiful on the outside and on the inside, too.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your amazing and sweet comment on my blog about our little John. You are an amazing example to me Melissa. I am so humbled that you were thinking about me and you prayed for me. It made me cry and I am truly grateful for your prayers.

Lyndsie Miles said...

I keep coming to make a comment on this post, but I have four interuptions... but they are all asleep now!

Megan is a beatiful young lady! She is beautiful with or without braces and glasses, but you can see how fast she's turing into more and more of a young lady in the pictures. She looks so much like her mother!

Just beautiful!