Even as I write this I am here at work working late again waiting for a report to run. I want to publicly tell you all that Melissa is remarkable. Since October she has pretty much been parenting all alone. I am gone early and home late. I have worked half of almost every Saturday. She will roll over and kiss me as I try to sneak into bed at night and murmur she loves me in the morning as I leave before anyone is up. She never complains. She will call and tell me she loves me and when I feel guilty she tells me "thank you" for working so hard just to provide for our family. She keeps me sane and balanced.
I love her more than anything -
My wife is worth far more than rubies...

Proverbs 31:10-31
10 ¶ Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands...
17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms...
25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
So...for no other reason than that I love and appreciate her... I am writing this blog!
Melissa I LOVE YOU!
14 comments:
Wow M- all that AND no Sugar? I don't know how you do it!
Jesse your are a great husband to your wife!! What nice things to say about her.
what a great surprise for melissa to hop on her blog and find that! maybe I should give dave my password......
it is a hard thing to parent alone, and she is doing it wonderfully! I am sure it is a much harder thing to be the provider- overworked and know you have to just be thankful to have a job right now!
she has always been such a great example to me! you both are remarkable people!
That was so fabulous. It honestly made me cry. You have complimented her so amazingly.
I love the verses you shared.
What a nice tribute to Melissa. How is no sweets going? It's still really hard for me.
Now that's what I call a love note!
Melissa is more precious than rubies! You guys are such love birds and I LOVE it.
That Christianson painting of the Responsible Woman says it all. Motherhood is not for wimps!
BEAUTIFUL! What a fun suprise for Melissa. It seems like you both are pretty amazing...
What a wonderful tribute! Such a sweet guy!
Nice Mishy! She is such a good one. I don't know how she did it and then went off sugar. Sugar is what gets me through the tough times.
Jesse, thank you for sharing how Melissa makes you feel so loved, I need to be more like she is! What a great post! Thanks for inspiring us all Melissa!
Thanks for sharing the sweet tribute to Melissa. She IS remarkable! Glad that you guys have each other!!
Post a Comment