Sunday, November 2, 2008

13 Going On 30

It has happened.






It is official.






I am the mother of a teenager!






Those of you moms out there with only small children may read this and think, "that is soooo far away." That's what I thought...yesterday.








I am truly blessed to have Megan for my daughter. She is so fun to have around the house. She is positive, responsible and happy.




As a toddler, I called Megan my "2-year-old teenager." Since she started talking at an early age, she said the funniest things. Here are a few of my favorite:




1. Her preschool teacher had just announced she was pregnant. Megan asked, "Do you know what you are having?" The teacher replied that she hadn't found out yet. Megan soberly replied, "That's okay....they all come out naked, ya know."



2. As a new 2-year-old one day she was huffing and puffing and pacing. She looked at Jesse and said, "Dad. I a little frustrated! We need to talk about it. We need to 'scuss (discuss) it.


The day has also come that she is now taller than I am.





That is a lot of growing in one year.




I love you, Megan and am so happy you are my daughter. Thanks for being you!

17 comments:

Kyr said...

Happy birthday Megan!

Becky said...

are you sure you aren't shrinking?
love those big words that 2 year olds use!
Happy birthday to one of our favorite Megans!

Lauren in GA said...

I LOVED THOSE QUOTES!!!!!! Those were fabulous!!! She had quite the vocabulary! The quotes made my day!

What a beautiful young woman you have. Inside and out! I love the new picture of her on the sidebar.

Melissa...you are not old enough to have a teenager. I should know...I am the same age as you and I am not old enough to have an 11 year old. ;)

Happy Birthday, Megan!

Heather said...

Melissa - Are you kidding me? 13 years? I still remember your baby shower for her! She is really cute!
Happy Bday Miss Teenager!

Melinda said...

Shes a great girl. I hope her party was a hit.

jessica said...

Okay you have me scared. I know it goes by fast but a teenager!!!!

I pray the next five years go by very slowly.

Happy Birthday to your beautiful teenager!

Darilyn said...

It does go by fast. Welcome to the world of teenagerhood. I made up that word. And happy birthday to Megan.

Bridget said...

Wow. A teenager. I have 5 more years to go. I"m sure it will fly by. Megan is a funny girl!

Just Only Me said...

October is the month of birthdays for your family! Next year just buy one huge cake and nibble on the days that are special!
Congratulations on having an official teenager, she's beautiful.

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday Megan!
I can't believe you are the mother of a teenager. I'm so scared of my children getting older. I'm so happy to know I have someone to turn to who knows how to raise a good and happy teenager. You two look so cute together.:)

Lyndsie Miles said...

Happy Birthday to Megan! What a beautiful young lady! 13 is a fun year!
Those quotes are just so cute!

Philip and Melissa said...

Happy birthday Megan! I love that sweet girl!

Scott-n-Allison said...

So many birthdays, and I've been so slow on all of them. But happy days to you all!

Tonya said...

Oh wow, a teenager. That thought does truly freak me out a little bit. Just two and a half more years for our family. Yikes! Happy birthday to Megan. Melissa- you are one hot looking Mom of a teenage girl:0)

Tami said...

Cute little two year old And gorgeous teenager! But of course she would be...just look at her mother!

Granny said...

Happy Birthday Megan!! I remember walking the golf course with her and picking berries. It was like walking and talking with an adult. You two have some fun years ahead of you. Enjoy the journey!

Ilene said...

Happy Happy Birthday Megan!